We are open and running school in small cohorts(pods) of 15 children or less. We are following the guidelines laid out by The Whatcom County Health Department, The Center For Disease Control and our Governor Jay Inslee. These are the daily procedures in place to keep our community safe:
- Only children and teachers are allowed inside the school. Under certain circumstances we may allow another adult to enter but they must first pass our health screening successfully.
- Before entering everyone’s temperature is taken, hands are washed and a list of health screening questions are asked.
- Toys and supplies are separated for individual pod use and classrooms are sanitized between uses.
- All staff must wear face coverings at all times. Children 5 years and older must wear face coverings indoors. Children under 5 are practicing wearing face coverings indoors at school.
- Every family and staff member have signed this Letter Of Commitment promising to take COVID seriously.
Loving Space Community Commitment
We commit to the health and safety of the teachers and students of Loving Space during the COVID-19 pandemic by following guidelines laid out by federal, state, and local officials. We will do our part by agreeing to the following while a member of our family attends Loving Space:
- We will wear a mask in public when social distancing is not possible.
- We will comply with guidelines in regard to each phase of the safe start plan, including the sizes of gatherings we host or attend.
- We will quarantine our family for two weeks after international travel and comply with guidelines for domestic travel after returning from a high-risk location or event.
- We will answer the health screening questions from Loving Space honestly.
- We will hold our students out of school when a family member is exhibiting symptoms and follow recommendations of a health care professional as to when it is safe for our student to return.
- We will notify the school if we have come in contact with someone with the Covid-19 virus.
- We will follow guidelines for personal hygiene including washing our hands, avoiding touching our faces, disinfecting frequently touched surfaces frequently, covering coughs and sneezes, and monitoring our family’s health.
- We will be flexible and understanding of changes to school policies throughout the school year.
For more information feel free to call us at preschool 360-676-1355 or at kindergarten 360-752-5782